• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Wanted

Hm2klie

I am in search of a LU-4 winch, PTO, shaft and bumper. Winch and PTO need not be working only in repairable condition.
Thanks,
Drew :roll:

Hm2klie

I am Lookig for a decent unit but I can not swing 1400 for a rebuilt one so I am looking to see what someone is willing to part with one for. I am poor take pitty on me please :cry:

Hm2klie

I would rather rebuild my own (cuz I am poor). I just got their catalog and saw the rebuilt units. 2cents

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We have just received some LU-4 winch copies built by the Han Il winch company. We believe that sometime during the 1960's they copied the Braden LU-4 winch and put HAN IL in the winch casting instead of BRA DEN. These identical copies have cable on the drums and appear to be low hour take-offs, $795.
Vintage Power Wagons

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start watching your local forestry auctions, a lot of the time you can buy the winch attached to a truck for the same price as buying the winch alone.
James G.

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: Winch Wanted

rumplecat said:
Start watching your local forestry auctions, a lot of the time you can buy the winch attached to a truck for the same price as buying the winch alone.
James G.
That's what I did, except I wanted the truck too!

Capt.Marion

RE: Re: RE: Winch Wanted

I've grown up with this one. My great grandfather bought it brand new in 1950, along with the Ford 5 ft mower that we still use with it. They're awesome tractors. Good luck finding a winch for your truck!

ygmir

I have an LU-2, if that's close.........
I had pics posted somwhere here, but, have been searching and can't find them.........
I can get more if you're interested,
winch, frame ends, partial bumper.........500 bucks.......I think it still has cable on it......

Hm2klie

I know the LU-4 will work on a M37 not sure about the LU-2 anyone know

Capt.Marion

I think the limiting factor on that would be the torque and PTO limitations. Mounting it should be no problem, although a small bit of fabrication may be required.