• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

*@#! Winch

Sparky

Man that thing is heavy. I just removed it from my truck. Between removing it and working with some of the rusted bolts on my truck, its clear I am going to be having back problems from this hobby. Every task seems to require super human strength to complete on this truck. I removed the bolts & nuts that secure the cab to the frame and it was harder than when I helped a friend remove the head of a D9 Cat engine.

Does anyone know where I get a set of replacement gaskets and seals for the M37 Winch? Mine is leaking in a couple of places and I guess now is the time to fix it.

CGarbee

ABLinn, who has a few of the seals and gaskets for the winch on Ebay right now. Contact him through Ebay or contact him directly at:
A B Linn Inc. 7022 Jones Road, Salisbury, NC 28147.
704-637-9076. ablinn@salisbury.net

Another good source is:
Sid Beck, (Ace Surplus), Victoria, Texas. 361-573-3276, g741@tisd.net.

Or:
George Mainieri , Vermont Commercial Salvage, Colchester, VT, 802-864-4762

Good luck

Milsurp

Sparky said:
Man that thing is heavy. Between removing it and working with some of the rusted bolts on my truck, its clear I am going to be having back problems from this hobby. Every task seems to require super human strength to complete on this truck. I removed the bolts & nuts that secure the cab to the frame and it was harder than when I helped a friend remove the head of a D9 Cat engine.
Kinda puts a new meaning on the term "Heavy Duty Truck", eh? :)