• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch

5280M35a2

When you remove the clucth to place on another truck would you need to replace the oil in the trans of the truck the winch is comming off of? I have looked at old forms and can't find anything. Thanks

5280M35a2

We just got a M35 that perviously had a winch, the winch was removed by the seller for his other truck. We now need a new trans because no gear oil or in the trans. Just wanted to know if this would be due to the removal of the winch and a failure to replace oil.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they took the PTO off and put the cover plate on, then the oil HAD to have been drained...maybe they just didn't fill it back up?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you buy the truck as a running/driveable truck? If so I'd be asking the seller to supply me with a trans. Sounds like they didn't put the oil back in after they removed the winch or didn't install the cover correctly (no gasket or loose bolts) and all the oil leaked out.

5280M35a2

Thanks for all the input. Yea the truck was sold to us in "perfect running order" from the seller. They also stated they themselves had checked and topped off all fluids, I guess I should have checked this out for myself. I figured that we were buying the truck from an automotive shop in town and would be ok with their word. Wow, won't make that mistake twice!:-x:-x Anyone know where I could find a used or new trans, I saw a used at eastern surplus for $800 sounds high.