• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winching the m818

reb87

I had to go to the bottom of a huge draw behind my house with my m818 to pull out my m313 so I could pull the like new radial michelin 11x20s to single out my 2.5ton. There is about 15 inches of snow and I couldnt make it up the steep hill so I hooked the winch up to a tree at the top of the hill. It worked great but I couldnt get it onto flat ground enough to go. I didnt have any trees to hook to and thought it would be a bad idea to break one of the power poles over so I hooked it to my deuce. Didnt work so good though as it just pulled the deuce right to me. I finally figured out if the deuce was parked on the other side of a big snow pile maybe it would give me a good anchor to pull on. Worked like a charm. I should have got some pics of the 25 inches of snow that I was winching through but I was too busy. I finally got my wife and camera to come out and help me get the winch wound back up.

Attachments