• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

window fan

joeypushjr1

well its probally not a big oooo ahhhhhh but hey ill post something anyway. i finially installed my 24v fan in the deuce today. mounted it between the 2 windows sits perfect. can aim at both windows or myself or circulate threw out the cab. now i purchased this thing on Egay . stating it was 12-24v fan. and the papers say the same but the only marking on the dimming switch says 12v. well ok so i instaled it ran some automotive wire mold down the the base as you can see in the pic. and just to left of clove box i knocked out the 1/2" KO plug and installed the speed knob. found a power source under dash. (power to the heater) hooked her up ran like a charm but didnt run long. so i drove the truck cause i was bored and ran the fan . reallly nice . ok smoke comming from fan switch knob. dangit... apperently it like the fan isnt 12-24v. cause 24v. was just too much for it to handle. so joe thinks hes going to go get a resister to knock the power down right before the switch. and try it again. cause buying a 24v switch will be way more then this resister... just thought id share this little bit with yall.. thanx for letting me ramble on lololol

Attachments

cbvet

I bought a couple of fans that are supposed to be 24 volt. I ran one a short while on 24 volt. I found that if I let it run "wide open", no resistance, it was fine. But as soon as I would slow it down, adding resistance, the switch got really hot.
And even at the slowest setting, it was still too loud. I will test one on 12 volts & see how it works.

tm america

did someone say they installed something in a deuce that was to loud:roll:what was it a bomb or jet engine cuz i didnt realize there was something louder than the stock exhaust on a deuce

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I've looked at those on ebay and was tempted to buy one yesterday. Glad I had a resistor preventing me. Thing I'll look for a real 24v one.

Just like the M1009 glowplugs I got on egay 2 weeks ago that were the 050's instead of the 070 Wellmans. I get really miffed at some of the idiots on there.

You have discovered the secret to electronics.
When they manufacture anything electric they put a bit of smoke in it.
If you let out the smoke too much it stops working. :-D:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks