• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window won't roll up

TankGrl

HI all. My newest challenge with my truck is the drivers window won't roll up. The crank moves when rolling down the window, but it won't budge when I want to roll up the window. I have taken off the door panel, and to me it looks like the window is on the track. What should I look for here?

TankGrl

Do you mean with the handle or the mechanism inside the door? I can crank it down with the handle, but it is jammed when I try to crank it up.

TankGrl

Gotcha. I found them after screwing around a bit. I loosened them and was able to muscle the window back up, but definitely only a temporary fix.

Barrman

Then most likely your regulator is shot. My drivers side window on my first M1009 did that. Cold front just blew in, 60 miles from home and no jacket. I went through a fast food place and it went down just fine. Just not back up.

New regulator from LMC, a few cut knuckles and all was well again. Since pulling the glass out makes this job easier. I would suggest getting new glass wiper felts and window track felt. If yours are worn that is.

cucvrus

On the same note. Oil and grease can do wonders on a window regulator. I have had them locked up and was able to revive many of them with a little motor oil and some chassis grease in the sash channels. Worth a try.

FrankenCub

The driver's side window on my '71 GMC did the same all the time. Slide down nice but a bear to roll up. I drilled a hole in the hand crank mechanism so a couple times a year I could douse the inside with lithium grease through the little red tube.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grease will make it happy

Had two that were a bear to roll up.
Took apart and it looked like it hadn't seen grease in decades.
Cleaned and greased and still working like new.