• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windsheild hardware?

JCKnife

A couple years ago bought a windshield kit from Ted's Trucks--both inner frames, new seals, etc. Just getting around to having glass installed in them. Found this hardware in the kit, not at all sure what it is. Doesn't look like anything in the windshields I removed from my truck. Ideas?

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct, it is the corner reinforcement inside the inner windshield frame. You will see how the holes in these corner brackets line up with the bolts that hold the top frame element to the side elements. When I restored mine, these pieces were rusted and I removed one or both (can't remember) on re-assembly. No ill effect. I understand that many frames do not have them; they may have been omitted when a glass was replaced etc.

JCKnife

Thanks both for the replies! Steelandcanvas, when I read the thread on tapatalk your reply was blank (white text on white background) so maybe I need to see about changing the background settings there, I'm not sure if that's possible.

Again thanks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Those parts are in fact needed to hold the top of the window(that the windshield wiper attaches to) to the rest of the window frame. I can post pics tomorrow if you need to see how they work. Those are hard to find "in good condition" parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks