• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield inner seals, does anyone sell them?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to rebuild one of the windows. The other is already urethaned in place. But the other with the broken glass had a original seal in it. I've been searching, but I haven't found anyone that has them for sale? I guess if that's the case I'll just seal these in like the other. But I wanted to try to put it back "stock" if I could. Also how much larger do people have the glass cut for urethane sealing them? 1/8"?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forget those seals: 1st they don't really seal - rubber U-channel is way to thin to function as such. 2nd they only accelerate corrosion of the frame, by retaining moisture forever!
Any good polyurethane adhesive-sealant (like Sikaflex 221) sure is the way to go. Easy to apply- and easy to remove (with a wire brush wheel), if the glass ever had to be replaced.

Glass dimensions remain the same, either way.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adirondack Dodge used to; I bought a set from them. Here is their website:

(The M44 series and M37s use the same windshields.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks