• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield Retaining Pins & Water Leak

mccullek

Does anyone know the diameter of the windshield retaining pins? These type pins can be bought for a fraction of the price of what the HMMWV ones are going for, so if anyone knows the diameter of them or any of the other specs, please share them. Mine are all too rusted to get out in one piece for a measurement, and I want to order some new ones.

One other question, water is dripping down out of my dash on the driver's side. I have used silicone to fill in all of the holes and seams I could find, but it seems water is still coming in from somewhere. Everything looks tight, so the only thing I can assume is it's coming in under the windshield maybe? Any suggestions or ideas on where to look for this water drip?

Reactions: OBX

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know the diameter of the windshield retaining pins? These type pins can be bought for a fraction of the price of what the HMMWV ones are going for, so if anyone knows the diameter of them or any of the other specs, please share them. Mine are all too rusted to get out in one piece for a measurement, and I want to order some new ones.

One other question, water is dripping down out of my dash on the driver's side. I have used silicone to fill in all of the holes and seams I could find, but it seems water is still coming in from somewhere. Everything looks tight, so the only thing I can assume is it's coming in under the windshield maybe? Any suggestions or ideas on where to look for this water drip?
By down out of your dash do you mean in the front where the gauges are, or down underneath where your feet are?
I know mine poured water down on my feet until I sealed all around the plug for the start box.
Open up the hood and see if you see any other holes in that area around the washer reservoir/cadillac valve/start box plug

mccullek

By down out of your dash do you mean in the front where the gauges are, or down underneath where your feet are?
I know mine poured water down on my feet until I sealed all around the plug for the start box.
Open up the hood and see if you see any other holes in that area around the washer reservoir/cadillac valve/start box plug
I can see it running down the side of the dash, and it drips down onto my feet, but I cannot tell where it is coming from. If you look up under the area where the arrow is pointing, it is running down the face of that back flat area right under there where the arrow points. Right at the seam of that flat area under there and the side of the dash and then dripping straight down. I thought it was coming from under the hood where the windshield washer tank is located, but I put silicone around all of those screws and gromets, so they are all sealed tight that I can see. Leak.jpg

mccullek

Anyone have an idea on the diameter of the windshield retaining pins? I guess I could buy one and get the specs off of it, but I was hoping someone might know the specs or maybe have one laying around they could verify for me. Thanks in advance if you have one! I just hate to pay $40 to $50 plus shipping for 5 pins that I can buy locally for $1 or $2 each.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks