• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield washer fluid surprise!

rcflyer70

I've been working to get everything in my M915A1 working correctly so I can use it to take my CDL driving test (plus I like all of my military vehicles to have everything working). I'm down to the low air pressure buzzer not working - ordered off ebay today for $9.00 shipped.
The only fluid I hadn't topped off was the windshield wiper fluid located in the cab. My son got me a new gallon jug of fluid, I filled it, and attempted to use it - here is the surprise... Just as the fluid started coming out onto the windshields, I heard a loud BOOM and then was covered in washer fluid (the boom was loud enough to make both my labs jump - my son just stared at me, then of coarse laughed). Apparently the vent on top of the jug was plugged which didn't allow the excess air out. I learned a valuable lesson about checking the simple stuff.

Now I have to find a replacement top to the washer fluid container. I haven't been able to locate any on the web but I did see them on GL. Anyone know where I can find one? NSN 2540013124719 - complete kit or NSN 2540011553384 - container top.

Brian