• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield wiper motor shaft

Lax

I have a problem with one windshield wiper motor shaft that prevents the wiper from working. Does anyone know where I can get another wiper motor shaft? The knurling and threads on the end has been stripped so the wiper blade does not move while the shaft is turning. I just need the shaft and a used one with good knurling would be great. Below is a photo of it. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't think you can buy just the shaft..unless you buy a whole motor.

Lax

That's what I'm finding. I am hoping someone has a few "parts" wiper motors laying around I could get one of these shafts from. Thanks.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even though they may not list them, places like TNJ Murray, and Saturn Surplus, or some of the other MV parts suppliers have some "shop" parts around. I think it's worth making some of those calls. I've hit on things I thought I'd never find that way.
TNJ Murray has the new, complete motor for $36.00.

poppop

I just brought one from TNJ Murray for $22.00. The invoice says take out but it looks new to me. Still sealed in plastic and the cork gaskets look new.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a couple of the new plastic Taiwan air wiper motors, a year ago(I was warned by the seller). They were JUNK! Save your money and buy the good ones. You should be able to find a "parts" motor somewhere for cheap.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree on the overseas motors. I got a replacement from AV truck parts. The screws that hold the mount bracket to the body pulled right out. If TNJ has good takeouts, i'd jump on them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will, that was the first problem I had with mine too(had to wrap wire around them to use them)! The plastic Taiwan ones don't function well either. I now have the metal bodied Trico motors in both trucks and they work so nice! Btw, one truck came from DRMO with a set of plastic bodied wiper motors(not Foreign made, as far as I can tell)

Adirondack had new metal Tricos for around $80 each.