• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield Wiper Motors

Loose Deuce

I guess thy are called motors? Can you get kits to rebuild them? One of my end gaskets is blowing out, well almost, just leaks a little now. Will that air tool oil deterate the rubber in the motors? :confused:

Westech

CPL
i got new o rings from checker auto parts and slamed some axle grease in there and bam! working wipers. now do you mean one of the end gaskets is leaking? if so it might be better just to find used/new ones.

MasterChief

Question: can anyone provide the "facts" on converting M35A2 air wiper motors to electric. Part number(s) etc.. Advice...The air motors are more trouble than their worth.

Heard some stuff about a mumve conversion part????

thanks

gerrykan

Advice...The air motors are more trouble than their worth.
A matter of opinion of course, but I like the ability to regulate the speed of the air motors.
Sorry I don't have a link, but there are 24-volt electric wiper motors available for marine/boat applications. I have one around here somewhere, but can't remember the manufacturer's name offhand.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are electric wipers for the deuce. The A3 has/had them. They are not cheap though. As for replacement ones, they are out there. Stay away from the Chinese ones, they fail very fast. Best bet is to find a junk yard and pull some off of a vehicle there. There are a few metal ones floating around, again, not cheap. You also need to excersize them every few weeks and shoot lube to 'em. MMO works great.

Talk about an old thread, I didn't think the new site would pull things off the old one :shock:

gerrykan

MasterChief,
I took the easy route and searched ebay to get a selection of brands.
These two links are similar to what mine looks like. Be sure to check your shaft diameter and length(there could be a bad joke here, but I will leave it for someone else) before ordering any motor.
Links:
1) AFI 38210 MRV 24v Heavy Duty Marine Wiper Motor : eBay Motors (item 280537555926 end time Jul-25-10 18:06:05 PDT)
2) WINDSHIELD WIPER BOAT MOTOR 24 VOLT MRV 2.5 SHAFT 34210: eBay Motors (item 200484473981 end time Aug-15-10 20:36:07 PDT)

A couple of search links to see what is available:
1) 24v wiper items - Get great deals on eBay Motors, Collectibles items on eBay.com!
2) 24 volt wiper items - Get great deals on eBay Motors items on eBay.com!

I have never had any sustained satisfaction with this style(not brand) of motor, and would not waste my money on another one: MITSUBA WIPER MOTOR. 24 volt,SHAFT Size: 6mm, 50mm long: eBay Motors (item 310126265877 end time Jul-25-10 00:10:53 PDT)

hdexpert

Hey guys, I have 24 volt electric wiper motor kits for sale in the classifieds. They are upgrade kits for Terex cranes. One motor will power two blades. PM me if you want some info/pricing!!!

MasterChief

Thanks gerrycan and everyone else!I will try your links and advice tomorrow..... I get up at 5am.General gist I get is : Marine boat wiper motors are the wat to go....I have messed with air motors 'till I want to "cuss" . I'm all done with them.thanks!

MasterChief

to: " hdexpert"you have these motors available?I want one for each windshield. NO linkage to fail....Sorry I am ignorant and new to this could not figure out how 2 pm u

frodobaggins

to: " hdexpert"you have these motors available?I want one for each windshield. NO linkage to fail....Sorry I am ignorant and new to this could not figure out how 2 pm u
Click his name to the left of the post. A menu will drop down. Private message is in there.

To check your own, the private messages are in the top right corner of the page.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got two plastic ones that do absolutely nothing when air is put to them. I don't think they are worth my time.
I bought 2 new plastic motors and had the same trouble. I even dis-assembled one looking for a fault. During the ad-hock diagnostics, I learned that a shot of full pressure shop air kicked one into operation! I did the same to the other one and was in business.

I guess the limited pressure of the truck (90psi delivered through a throttle valve) won't break the piston free.

Rick