• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield wiper problem

JAD561

I have not seen this problem in any of the threads. My windshield wipers would only work on low speed with no washer pump. I replaced the whole wiper assembly with a rebuilt unit. I still have only the low speed. high speed still does not work, the washer pump does work, but here is the problem. Now the wipers will only work for about 5 minutes. The wiper blades then appear to drag or stutter. the wipers will stop working. i leave the switch on and tap the motor with a screw driver. the wipers will begin to work again. It seems that when i tap the motor, there is a large magnetic pull. I can't figure this one out. any help or advice would be appreciated.

boomer431

It sounds like you may have gotten ahold of a bad motor. Check to make sure the motor is grounded good to the firewall and make sure the wiper transmision moves freely with the motor unhooked from it. I also bypass the radio supressors from the motor.

Alucard-HD

I have not seen this problem in any of the threads. My windshield wipers would only work on low speed with no washer pump. I replaced the whole wiper assembly with a rebuilt unit. I still have only the low speed. high speed still does not work, the washer pump does work, but here is the problem. Now the wipers will only work for about 5 minutes. The wiper blades then appear to drag or stutter. the wipers will stop working. i leave the switch on and tap the motor with a screw driver. the wipers will begin to work again. It seems that when i tap the motor, there is a large magnetic pull. I can't figure this one out. any help or advice would be appreciated.
I have the same problem.

JAD561

I should have mentioned this. I did bypass the static supressors, and double checked the linkage before installing the replacement. I did not have the heavy magnetic pull with the original motor that I removed. does anyone know how to bypass the wiring, and wire direct to the battery in order to test it ?

Wolf.Dose

Check you wiper switch. It is not made for over 20 years of use. With all the dust in it it will stop propper working. I had a simelar problem which was the motor with the drive actuation of the washer. Later the wiper failed. The only help was to replace the switch.
Wolf

SPECIALTYLC

Are you running the wipers for a long time on a dry windshield? These chevy wiper motors are weak and you may be overheating the wiper motor. Its hard to tell if the hi speed is working on a dry windshield. Does the single wipe function work when you rotate the switch toward you? If the high speed doesnt work its a bad switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks