• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshieldframe and Wiper mod

59apache

Chipmaker
Sorry, no pics... i had to pull the wiper arm first :)
current staus...
20170216_184027.jpg
from end of the shaft to the SURFACE OF THE FRAME! NOT the lenght the whole shaft!
20170216_185708.jpg20170216_184615.jpg20170216_184215.jpg
from the end of the shaft to the thread
20170216_185605.jpg

Greetings Juergen

PS: Dimensions in inch. Yes, my caliper can both :)

Last edited:

texas30cal

59apache, what did you do about the latch at the bottom that holds the windshield shut? Could you post pics of that area as well as how your mod clears the wiper motor?

texas30cal

I've been looking and cannot find the weatherstrip, is there a online source or a part number? I checked the popular online auction site but everything I find is very large.

Last edited:

59apache

Chipmaker
The wipers should work.
I bought them on ebay, too. Trial trim edge seal. Example:
Universal Weatherstrip / Trim Edge Seal / Sponge Bulb & Dense Rubber .08"-.11"

I found some on .com ... dimensions are pretty close. You can compensate it easily. You can weld the frame a bit closer or further to the windshield.
In this case smaller is better :)
I'm shure you'll find a closer match.

Greetings Juergen

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks