• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter Front Installation Parts and Instructions help.

todds112

I went through some more of the parts that came with my truck and I have a brand new winter front! It appears to have the straps and several of the spring attachments, but none of the clips to mount it.

Anyone know where I can get the installation parts and instructions?

With our frigid winters, I definitely want a working winter grill cover.

Thanks,

Todd

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I just put mine on with some 1/2" velcro strips. No need to drill a bunch of holes in the sheet metal that way.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have 2 new, in the crate, complete winterization kits for deuces and 5 tons. The kit includes the winterfront, a new fuel fired heater (gas) and all the bits and pieces for installation. You could buy one of those, OR you can make the clips out of coat hanger wire. It's pretty easy to make them with a pair of needle nose pliers.

I'll look around and see if I have an extra one for a sample if you like.

Or, you could buy one of the kits.

PM me if either option is of interest to you.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try looking (Google) for the winterization kit for your truck. That should give you the part number of the pieces you need.

I'll send you one of the attaching loops if you want so you can make your own.

Also, you might try Midwest Military, Memphis Equipt., etc. (the usual suspects).

I was joking about the two kits......

Storm 51

todds112

Thanks very much for the offer. I think a picture, maybe with a scale, would give me an idea of what to come up with. I haven't even seen what they look like.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll take some pictures and post them.

There are two types: a straight one (for vertical attach points) and 90 degree for horizontal attach points.

I'll see what I can find downstairs and post pics.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winter Front Installation Parts and Instruction help

Here are some pictures of a 90 degree installation clip. The one in the photo is rounded but others are pyramid shaped. You get to make whatever you want.

As you can see, these are pretty simple to make.

IMG_8634R.jpgIMG_8635R.jpgIMG_8636R.jpgIMG_8638R.jpgIMG_8639R.jpg

I'm not a professional photographer. You can see why.

I hope these help.

Storm 51