• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter front. M1078

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Position just ahead of charge air cooler . Rests on top with the 90 degree break. The two hose clamps clamp around the cab cross bar
And hold the assembly.. Didn’t take any pictures of it installed, Less than 10 min to install or remove.. just tilt the cab and clamp into place.

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the nicest hack, but works for me: It's a thermo cover for windows, punch a few holes, few cable straps and you're done.
Worked for me also at -30°C, and you can easily flip it up if you are on highway and engine get's hot._20O1550.jpg
Christian

coachgeo

Not the nicest hack, but works for me: It's a thermo cover for windows, punch a few holes, few cable straps and you're done.
Worked for me also at -30°C, and you can easily flip it up if you are on highway and engine get's hot.View attachment 894578
Christian
interesting that this helps. The military one blocks air much lower . Which makes since ... think 1/2 to 3/4 of the radiator sits below the grill . hmmm. then again I see now yours appears to tuck down below the grill a bit. How far down does it go?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They used to use stuff like this back in the old days on semi they were air shutters to block the cold air and ice when it just starts to freeze on the radiator fins when you were driving into bad weather but by the mid 70s they seemed to go away and button on winter fronts became the rage with snaps and zippers to adjust how much air you needed s-l500.jpgdownload.jpg

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It goes nearly down till bottom of the bumper, to cover also the 2 air inlets. What I like is that I can flip it up to get some air through the radiator if temperatures rise. Plus I do not need to rise the cab. At that temps I prefer to be fast.
At -30C engine temp is around 95C, at -10C I can flip the half cover up and temp reach again around 95C, depends on how fast I go.

Christian

interesting that this helps. The military one blocks air much lower . Which makes since ... think 1/2 to 3/4 of the radiator sits below the grill . hmmm. then again I see now yours appears to tuck down below the grill a bit. How far down does it go?

Green Mountain Boys

My solution was not as elegant. I used a large piece of cardboard and wired it to the front of the truck. It definitely helped. I have operated the truck in temperatures as cold as -36C for long periods of time. At those temperatures it really depends how hard you are working the engine relative to the speed of the truck and/or the wind speed.

Ronmar

The rad can pull in a lot of air down below on either side. Here is a pic of the .mil version, like a diaper that bridges and seals that space between intercooler and rad. kind of a pain to install from what I understand… i was thinking a set of tracks on either side of the rad face so I could slide poly panels up in front of the rad face as needed to limit flow thru the rad.

AB370C90-2B01-4465-94C3-E59DBE5BD1C3.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks