• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter & HMMWVs

mreuss222

Is your fan on all the time? My temp sensor for my fan is bad so my fan runs all the time. With fan running all the time it stays right around the 180° area. When the fan is working right and cycling on and off it stays around 220°. When the temp outside is below 25° or so the fan doesn’t usually kick on when it’s working right and maintains around 210°~220° range. Even when the fan is “disengaged” it still is spinning what looks like full speed. When it engages you will see it move about 1/8 or 1/4 inch back towards the motor. There is a huge difference in sound from the engine running down the road with fan engaged vs disengaged.
I should have added more detail.
I have 195 thermostat. Paradox coolant kit installed. This works great but now that it's winter in Vermont it struggles to stay at 185.
I have the radiator 1/2 blocked on top of hood and the front grill 100% blocked.
Still struggles.
I would like to see 195
Highway temps get to 190.. Any slow driving or off road she drops 170.

Attachments

papakb

I don't know the reason for it but I have found that if I hit the pedal once in the morning when I go to start it it will start easier than if I don't. There's no accelerator pump in the IP to give the truck a little extra fuel to start like there is in most gas engined vehicles. Iscycling the linkage actually doing something?