• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Arm Help

David_4x4

My wiper internals looks eaxctly as yours posted. Only thing is mine had a black threaded piece bringing up the rear. I think my main problem is finding the correct wipper arms now. :?

AKJEEP

That's what it sounds like.
Mine only had one arm on it since I got it, and I didn't look too hard for another until this summer while in the woods a branch reached down and plucked the blade from the arm and flung it into oblivian. Then began the search for a blade that would mate to the original arm. No dice. So I began looking for an arm and blade combo. I found the Napa parts mentioned before to be close, but just close enough to build a false sense of trust, and then fail when you need them the most. Why are us guys so damn frugal that we can't just order the exact replacements from the surplus places?? For all the time I spent trying to make something work, I couldda just ordered the right part and been done.

Last week I was out exploring some new old mining trails, and I came upon an abandoned 5ton dumptruck, sunk in a swamp, trees groing up through the frame. I guess I'm an evil bastard 'cause I felt I needed the wipers more than it did.

But now I'm not quite a safety hazard on the road!!

24-VOLTS

HEY GUYS,

JUST CHECKING TO SEE WHAT YOU GUYS END UP DOING WITH THE WIPER SITUATION ?
DID THE SATURN SUPLUS ONE WORK OR NOT ?
WHAT MODIFICATIONS DID YOU END UP DOING TO GET THE WIPERS TO WORK ?

THANKS

PHILL

David_4x4

I'm still wiperless on my truck. Rapco parts is about a 45 minutes from me and they have some parts trucks and say the have wipers and all that good stuff for sale.

The office will be somewhat slow tomorrow, so I'll probably swing by there with dad and see what's up and hopefully come home with something.