• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper blades and arms ? ? ?

jason@snakeriver

I am sure this has been discussed through the years, but it escapes my memory.
Is there any decent conversion or replacement for the the standard military wiper arms and blades. The origionals sure are a POS.

junkyardog

i used napa # 60-751. you have to cut the steel bar to be a little shorter. i used a 60-1157 wiper it is a winter blade and is 11 inches long. the 13 inch wiper is to long these are a lot more heavy duty than original.and a lot mor expensive i paid a little over $100 if i remember right. the 13 inch wipers hit the side of the window because of the lenth of the wiper arm. so i used 11, napa said they didnt make a 12.i do beleive i did it correctly. i followed directions form it being done befor somewhere here on this forum so i can take no credit it was a very good idea.

ems4ty

Saturn Surplus has conversion kits for them as well. I bought mine from Saturn and it uses a standard 10" blade if I remember right. Installed them on my 1953 Reo M35. Seems to work pretty good for me though I haven't driven too much in the rain...

kurtkds

I did the wiper upgrade on my Deuce just last week. When I picked up the parts from my local napa store they told me that #60-750 (universal arm) had been obsoleted. But the did have 23 of them in their local warehouse.

Not sure how much different the 60-750 is from the 60-751 but you could check out this post maybe it will give you some ideas.

Kurt

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=26368&highlight=

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks