• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wiper upgrade

bmH1065

I would like to know if I am doing the right thing before I mess up my wiper motor. On one of the options it shows that you cut off the shaft. Do you slide the knurl all the way back and cut the shaft of flush? It looks like that is the way you do it but don't want to cut it off and find that was the wrong thing to do. Thanks for help.

leroygreen

If your talking about the wiper arm upgrade, I didn't have to cut mine off. The knurls I got were different thickness.

Put the right knurl on and then the nut that came with the wiper arms. Go easy on the wiper motors when tightening the nut.

Last edited:

martinwcox

:ditto:

My kits from Saturn had various splines, one of which and a matching brass nut fitted the air wiper motor shaft to mimic the original wipers, the new arm then pressed onto the spline.

Last edited:

KsM715

I replaced mine with the parts that are listed in the link that 4X4 Forever posted above early this past summer. No cutting of the wiper shafts are needed.

bmH1065

I got mine from Saturn. Mine only came with one brass nut per package and will fit drivers side. The passenger side will not fit I think left hand thread. The drivers side had the nut on outside of arm and is like the brass nut that came with Saturn and passenger side (assistant drivers side) has a nut on the inside of wiper and haven't been able to get it out yet. It shows on the instruction sheet that using the nut you need to drill a hole in the new arm. It shows 3 different options for mounting. I will look at it again today. Wish they were more like 4 X 4 showed.