• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wipers, Horn, Sprayer Not Working

dbeasty

My wipers, horn and sprayer are not working.
I am pretty certain the reason for that is that the plastic connector with 3x4 connector holes (under the control panel) is disconnected.

I think that is one of the two connectors from directional control arm ( note my turn signals, light switches are working).

I also think this 3x4 connection was disconnected on purpose.
Last time I plugged it in the LMTV stopped starting, so I suspect there is some back feeding and or short.
I noticed part of my dash has lit, even thought I had not selected the lightning switch (hence the back feeding comment).

I want to be bit careful and do few measurements and maybe just connect one connection at the time and or have some plan for this.

Does somebody know what are the connectors supposed do on the 3x4 which controls the wipers, sprayer and horn, meaning which are supposed to be powered 12V , 24V under what conditions etc?

Is there an electrical schematic in TM? Which TM that would be in?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dbeasty

I got the wipers and horn working.
I think I fixed them last time when I replaced all the CBs. I just need the new wiper blades.

Only thing that is not working is CTIS .. :)..

I was troubleshooting the the 3x4 connectors and was not able to figure out what they are for.
I toned them to totally different part of CB board, which did not have anything to do with wipers.
Also there was power going through on both ends; I have left those unplugged.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks