• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wipers not working on low

rfischba1

Tried my wipers today worked a while, now only the high speed selection works, and washer does not come on. Is teh motpr shot, or could the selector switch arm on the left of the steering wheel bad?

ssgtwright-usmc

I had the same problem. Try doing the trouble shooting from TM 9-2320-289-34 pg 2-46 to pg 2-50. Also look at the wiring diagram on pg E-23. The TM is located within the resource tab.
I changed out my wiper motor but still had the same problem, would not go to the park position when switched off.
I beleive its inside the wiring connectors to the motor. I tested that out by cleaning the connectors, all 3 connectors and it worked for awhile before it will have the same problem.
The wires leading to the motor are too short coming off the engine side firewall so I would try cleaning the contacts and wiggle the wires till you can get some results.
If all else fails try getting a used one from the local salvage yard. Prices are to high trying to buy a new or rebuilt one because you will probably have to pay for a core charge.

rfischba1

Mine also do not return to the down postion when turned off, looks like they indtalled a new wiper motor recently, even the hoses look new, I'll try the conections like you suggested.

dependable

The wiper motor is the same as civilain chevy s of the era. rebuilt wiper washer units are the easyest way to fix . but mabey not the cheepest the wiper washer units are serviceable, but when the little plastic cogs are worn off it gets annoying.