• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wipers stopped working

1009CUCV413

My wipers have stopped working. They had been working until I installed new wiper blades (go figure). I turn the switch and nothing happens. In the past I was able to jiggle around the wires and make it work. Any ideas on where to start would be appreciated.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the fuse and then check the capacitor/suppressors. They have been know to go bad.

1009CUCV413

I checked the fuse and it looked fine. Then I replaced the fuse and guess what? The wipers worked. Sometimes I over look the small things. Thanks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked the fuse and it looked fine. Then I replaced the fuse and guess what? The wipers worked. Sometimes I over look the small things. Thanks.
Your welcome. Glad you fixed it.

Sounds like it is time to service your fuse box. Buy some electrial contact cleaner and remove all your fuses and clean the contacts. You can also use some dielcetric grease when you reinstall the fuses. Make sure you take a picture or draw a map of where everything goes before you begin. Ask me how I know...LOL

Section 4-12 of the TM 9-2320-289-20 tech manual has a diagram of the fuse boxe and what everything is.

Last edited:

1009CUCV413

I was thinking about that too. It's going to be a great sunny weekend, so that sounds like a great project. I agree that pictures are key, my mind doesn't remember as well as a camera thats for sure.