• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wire loom battery conections.

Farmboy1776

Greetings,

Changing over to automotive batteries. While breaking it all down, and after marking and labelling everything ( well almost)
I found couple wires and connections that need replacing. I have the wire diagram. What I need to confirm which wire is
the 12V and 24V ground. Is the long negative line the 12V and the short the 24V. On the positive side, the one
hooked to the switch is the 24V and the one out of the loom is the 12V. I'm new to working on this rig. Just want to confirm.
Couldn't find on the intra web or the forum, thanks. PS what about the small wire with the yellow female connection. mine was
just sitting not connected, I'm thinking battery switch?
20230519_142938.jpg20230519_142932.jpg

Ronmar

See those metal tags? You should be able to ID the wires with them and associate the wires to their use.

Not including the nato plug wires, you have 4 main power wires.
24v to starter solenoid.
24v to polarity box
12v to polarity box
Ground to starter motor housing(and on to frame via strap). On the A0 the ground goes to the starter motor via an instrunment shunt located near the polarity box between air filter and spare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks