• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wireing help

chevy79k5

hey all i got a 86 m1009 and it keeps blowing the fuse for the lights behind the speedo and fuel gauge. any idea of what could be causeing this would be grate thanks.

stump

The conection for the bulbs might be dirty or lose. Remove the dash and clean the mounting holes for the bulbs and you can bend the tabs on the bulb holders to tighten the conection up.

chevy79k5

well i gotthe lights to work for a few days and now there are back to blowing fuses. also my wipers just stoped working the wiper motor is onley 3 mounts old. so when the lights do work if i turn the wipers on it blows the fuse for them. and eather way my wipers still dont work

zout

Chevy - I am not trying to be a smart ## - wiring is like trying to advise someone that has never flown a plane how to land it by sitting in the tower and they are in the plane - like in the movies.

It is better to have hands on to test circuits. From what I can pick up from what you are describing - try your dimmer switch. You light circuit runs through the switch. It is somewhat the most effected due to dirt and water also. Just a shot in the dark and I hope it helps.

Go to the TM and you may need to find what all the circuits have in common and track it out from power source back.