• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wireless Key

linhster

I have been using a wireless "kill" switch for about a month now. Seem to be effective at killing the off/on/start switch and also keeping the original look. I know it's not a supper complicated process. Just wanted to find out how many out there might be interested in this setup? No key, just a fob :smile:

papakb

In the 996 ambulance body I added a remote switch for the interior lights because climbing into the black hole at night was confusing for some people. The remote works great but I had an occasion where the lights got turned on while it was parked and even though they have all been replaced with LEDs, after a month it ran the battery down. Without an external indicator I never knew they were on.

Kurt

linhster

It's an electronic relay, so it does consume power when activated. So if you leave it unused for extended time (greater than 6 months), I can see it impacting the battery drain. Other than that, it should not be an issue. Good point though.