• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wires 57K, 325A and 325B = turn signal flasher

badger_610889

Hello folks,
Of course, I started with a couple searches over all the MTs I have downloaded and couldn't find it. There's a bunch of kits that are labelled 57K-xxx but no such connector.
I searched through forums, unsuccessfully because the search engine says it's too short of a keyword for a search. I've tried with other keywords such as connector and it didn't find any results. Also searched the web for a while, unsuccessfully:

There's this plug with 3 wires 57K, 325A and 325B that's floating alone on the left hand side below the 'dashboard' on the driver side and I couldn't figure what it is for. Switch and light hubs seem to have all their connectors in there.

I found it while I was troubleshooting why the turn signals don't work on my A2. I was dreaming that would simply be a missing module, but diagrams suggest nothing is missing unless I really misunderstood the diagrams in the TMs.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks!

[edit - changed title to make it helpful]

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like you are missing the hazard/turn signal flasher 325 A and B are the flasher wires and 57 is ground.
It could be there just disconnected but probably pulled to use on another vehicle

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually by now you should have already downloaded all the TMs for your truck, a quick glance at the schematic would have given you the answer.

badger_610889

The flasher is missing, I'll PM you :)

@Mogman I like to use tm-9-2320-280-20-2 and -3 which are the ones I end-up going straight to because they're the heaviest files and seem the most complete.
I had missed the diagram with the flasher, it's honestly not obvious to understand that this plug (that was held on the far left in my truck) goes on the flasher from diagrams, particularly because the connector numbers aren't highlighted.
Also I just realize the importance of using the index in these larger TMs. I was used to older ones that are thinner and quick to go through.

papakb

The schematic diagrams for the electrical systems in the HMMWVs are at the very end of the -30-3 manuals. There are several of them there and they reflect most of the variants of the HMMWV. If you go looking for your specific model it may or may not show up but keep in mind that about 90% of the wiring is the same throughout the series. Look for the schematic closest to yours, the model numbers are in the lower right corner of the page. Typically FO.1 is for a basic 998 truck and it will answer most of your questions. 60 or 200 amp alternator, 996 or 997 ambulance etc. The wire numbers aren't always clear after hundreds of copies but there are wiring charts that define what each wire numbers function is that you can download.

When I first got my truck I took the TM over to a copy house and had it double sized and then laminated so that I could draw on it to trace circuits with a white board dry marker. This prevents crossong lines on those long horizontal runs.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
The schematic diagrams for the electrical systems in the HMMWVs are at the very end of the -30-3 manuals. There are several of them there and they reflect most of the variants of the HMMWV. If you go looking for your specific model it may or may not show up but keep in mind that about 90% of the wiring is the same throughout the series. Look for the schematic closest to yours, the model numbers are in the lower right corner of the page. Typically FO.1 is for a basic 998 truck and it will answer most of your questions. 60 or 200 amp alternator, 996 or 997 ambulance etc. The wire numbers aren't always clear after hundreds of copies but there are wiring charts that define what each wire numbers function is that you can download.

When I first got my truck I took the TM over to a copy house and had it double sized and then laminated so that I could draw on it to trace circuits with a white board dry marker. This prevents crossong lines on those long horizontal runs.
OH YOU copy cat, CAMO copy cat.jpg