• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring Electrical

pbrstreetgang

I am new to wiring and I am wanting to add some things to my CUCV but don't know where to start. I am planning on putting in a stereo with four speakers, two cigarette plug adapters with three ports each (one in the front, one in the back) and someday, a high powered LED strip across the front of the brush guard.

The first thing that I need wire up is the power adapters. Where do I start? Should I directly tap the fuse panel or use a fuse tap? Can I run one wire out to one power port, and then split off the same wire and run it on down the rear radio conduit into the back seat running both off of the same fuse?

Like I said, I need help starting.

SPECIALTYLC

Easy and best way is to make a sub fuse panel. Power off truck switched fuse to relay that powers up the new panel. That way you can add as many circuits and draw all the power you need.

pbrstreetgang

That sounds great, but I would have no idea where to begin to do that. What kind of tools, parts, etc would I need.

Where would I get power.

I think I want everything to stay on even when the ignition is not on so phones, etc. can charge.

SPECIALTYLC

If you want power on at all times that makes it even easier. Get an aux fuse block from napa or who ever. Run power wire directly from the front battery to the new fuse block.

southdave

do search there extra fuse location in the existing fuse block somewhere around flasher I think but maybe someone will pipe up. Sorry I can not be more spec. but this my brain on cucv electr..............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks