• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wiring is smoking on start up

84cucv1ton

bit of an update.. Cleaned all the grounds on the front of the truck and the flatbed. Clean all the wires on the terminal and all the grounds going to the motor. That braided little wire is very clean and still heating to the point it smokes.

Next idea is to go get a bigger table and make a new ground see if that does the trick. Thanks for the help guys

MarcusOReallyus

The problem is that one of your ground wires isn't conducting all the current that it should, so that little one in the back is carrying too much.

You don't need a BIGGER cable, you need a GOOD cable. Bigger won't hurt, but make sure you are solving the right problem. You've got a bad ground. You need to find where that bad ground is and fix it.

MarcusOReallyus

Get a meter on those ground cables. Disconnect and check the resistance (ohms). A visual inspection isn't good enough, and good connections on each end don't mean the cable in between is good.

84cucv1ton

finally done.. went over everything from front to back.. light seem to be brighter and its seems to crank over better.. shes running right now.. next to do is the fuel pump and the king pins.. thanks for they help guys

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what did you fix? Replace any wiring? Glad to hear you got it running.

84cucv1ton

redid all the ground.. forgot about the front one where you need to remove the grill and the one by the gas tank.. checked the ones i did put some electric grease down to stop corrosion.. then old welding cable from a intake bolt to the cab.. must have been pretty bad.. cranks over faster.. thanks agaon.. glad its running to :p

84cucv1ton

runs great. Still having a few wiring problems. Every time I had some good bumps in the road. A 20 amp fuse blows. I lose the running lights. Turn signals headlights break lights still work. Just no running lights.. Not too sure how to tackle this...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks