• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring on Fuel Water Separator Collection Bowl

The primary fuel/water separator filter on my C7 CAT has a Donaldson P550746 filter. The water collection bowl that's listed for this filter is Donaldson P564750 http://store.reliableindustries.com...p564750-water-collection-bowl-fuel-donaldson/. My plastic screw-on bowl has 3-wires coming out of the bottom to a wiring harness on the left rear of the engine. When I look at the replacement bowls none of them have the "3-wires" coming out of the bottom. There is however, another separate plastic plug that's in addition to the drain plug.

Does anyone know what these wires may be for that are coming out of the water sentiment bowl? Secondly, is it possible that the original bowl's plug can be swapped out and inserted into where the replacement plug is in the new bowl satisfying some sort of a sensor or? I need to replace mine because it has a lot of yellow overspray and I can' see the contents to tell if there is water in there or not, secondly, the drain is very hard to release. A new bowl may solve these issues, but I can't seem to find one that has the 3 wires coming out of the bottom and I don't understand their purpose.

Thanks

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Kambaku, the bowl looks like the Racor filters I deal with regularly on the boats I work on but have only seen 2 wire sensors. These are water in fuel sensors and will give a warning on the gauge panel. 3 wire may be a heater but you may be able to look at the Racor company for parts. Not positive they will fit though. Just my 2cents!

Waltjg

Suprman, do you still have new replacement bowls? If so, does it come with the drain valve? And how much $?

Thank you,
Walt

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I might have a whole housing assembly but not just a bottom bowl. If you don't need the specific one you can get a generic one online.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet the 3 wire sensor can be threaded out of the old setup and installed in the new bowl without too much headache.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks