• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wisconsin Robin 3KW GenSet T.O. 35C2-3-499-1 Manual Available

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the 30D36R is a WR motor coupled to a Baldor ( I think) 3.1kW head.
You are correct - it is a Baldor head and parts are available from Baldor. The fuel tank and some other items are also Baldor. Baldor also sells a wheel kit that will fit the genset.

keith129

Also, for future reference, a copy of the manuals for the Wisconsin Robin WRD1-270 and its modern (DY-27) diesel generator counterparts/accoutrements can be found:

http://www.ls1dmc.com/generator/

Mr. Caines was kind enough to send a copy my way and with his permission I have made them readily available on my web site. Let me know if you have any troubles getting to them.

We have a 3kw that is only putting out about 70 volts. Do you have any idea where to look first. WRD1-270.

derf

It's been a long time since I've had my hands on one. Was it working fine and then just dropped voltage? What's the whole back story?

There aren't many things that can go wrong;
Bad, open or burned winding? Easy enough to test with meter
Bad capacitor? Not as easy to test.
Rotating diodes? Easy enough to test but hard to get at and need to be removed from circuit to test.

Try troubleshooting guide from manual. You may be able to flash it but it probably needs a capacitor or diode(s) replaced. Again, the full story would be helpful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks