• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wisconsin to Oregon in a M934A2

M934A2

I am working on organizing a trip from Kenosha, Wisconsin to Portland, Oregon in the next few weeks if I can work out the sale on the truck.
The route that I am looking at taking is I-94 up through MN, ND, in to MT and then picking up I-90 in Billings and taking that on over to WA and then drop down in to Oregon.
Any SS members along the way?

The truck is a 92 BMY M934A2 that looks clean and the current owner says that it is solid.
I found the auction link for the truck on Govplanet and it got 3 stars all the way through (link at bottom).

-My questions for you guys is how many of you think I am absolutely crazy for thinking of flying out with a buddy and driving it 2100 miles back home?
-What are the major things I need to look for and be worried about?
-What are some spare parts I should stock up on and pack with me?
-Any special tools I should bring?
-Is a week to get her home a safe amount of time to allow?

I am an auto mechanic by trade but don't know a ton about diesels but I have a mechanical aptitude and have drove duce's and 5 tones many times so I am familiar with how they drive.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

(http://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/T...Y+M934A2,pstart=20,sm=1,sort=d+asc&pnLink=yes)

Last edited: