• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

witch would you rather have

big hoss

Would you rather have a m35a2 with an air shift t case and no winch
or a sprag t case and a winch? Which would you rather have and why?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'd get the one with the winch if they were the same price. You can swap to an air-shift for about $250.

Ridgerunner

Would you rather have a m35a2 with an air shift t case and no winch
or a sprag t case and a winch? Which would you rather have and why?

If both trucks were the same condition (hours/miles, body condiction etc.)

I'd take the truck with sprag and winch. An Air shift t-case can be had for cheap ($100 -$300) and is readily available. They are easy to swap out also, which I'd do if I ended up with that truck.

A winch is more expensive to add to a Deuce ($800 -$1,300 for a complete setup, but I have seen them go for more) and a winch isn't as prevealent on the open market as an air shift t-case.

mcmullag

hard top, or singled out

one of the weirdest queries I have ever seen here. and ..... which, not witch.

For comparing deuces, the two items; a) sprag system for front axle drive engagement, as opposed to airshift engaged, and b) having a winch on the front of the vehicle or not, seem totally unrelated for most type of comparison scenarios.

I currently have a '87 M35a2c with airshift and winch, and not a wench. I have no need for the winch, sold my '71 M35a2 without winch ( but had airshift) in order to get one with winch, just because I thought winch trucks look cooler.

Attachments