• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wmo newbie

'48Chevy6

If I had a spare one of them laying around, I would probably find a way to use it. The 12 volt transfer pumps just make it so much easier and quicker. I think the pump we use the most is a 12v from Northern tool that has a pick up hose that makes it easy to pump from different size containers.

The Utah 12v listed earlier in this thread is the one pump I would buy if I could only have one pump.

Tim

Last edited:

Tahoe

12V transfer pump

Thanks Tim. If funding works out I'll get the 12v pump. I still want to eventually get a manual pump as me and electricity don't always see eye to eye.

Tahoe

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking into WVO & WMO processing also.

Thanks for yet another informative thread.

We have two tortilla and chip plants locally with "huge" WVO output and little reuse interest. They are PAYING to have it disposed of. WMO is similarly available.

Anyone out there with info on "blenders" permits or licensing in TEXAS? Please PM me.

Thanks.

hedgehog69

The cubies are good. I used to set mine out in the sun during the summer months.....a couple of days out in the boiling Alabama sun and most of the bad stuff will settile out.....pump out all but the last few inches.

I save the dregs for starting fires.....veggie burns very hot.
We learned the hard way....store oil in white barrels IF you are going to leave them in the sun. We had a bunch of used WVO in blue barrels...and left them sit out in the sun for too long. FFA's raised and oil went bad. I have left white barrels of used WVO sit out inb the sun all summer...and it didn't hurt a thing. My educated guess is that the blue barrels draw that much more heat than the white barrels...and the extra temp was enough to spoil the oil.

BUT...this is for biodiesel production. High FFA ...I have read...isn't great for WVO burning...but it will work. From memory....I think due to the higher FFQ's, more water can be 'bonded' to the oil.