• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO/WVO Filter rig pictures.

Kaiserjeeps

Searches burn hours. With mixed results. Sometimes is is better to ask. Or go get the information yourself as I am now. And post it in one place with a good identifier in the title. The information is out there. It is just not always easy to get in a speedy manner. And for impatient people like me, thats a strain sometimes.:-D

Edit: a stickey with all the types of filters set ups would be sweet. If you want a spin on set up buy this. If bag filters is the way, get these components. maybe I can collect enough info to do this.

Cheers.

Last edited:

joediveguy

Searches burn hours. With mixed results. Sometimes is is better to ask. Or go get the information yourself as I am now. And post it in one place with a good identifier in the title. The information is out there. It is just not always easy to get in a speedy manner. And for impatient people like me, thats a strain sometimes.:-D

Edit: a stickey with all the types of filters set ups would be sweet. If you want a spin on set up buy this. If bag filters is the way, get these components. maybe I can collect enough info to do this.

Cheers.
Ahmen Brother! PIC's anyone??????

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Cheers.
No way in heck to do that. Some have made their own centrifuges- some buy them, some like me got 200 spin on filters in a GL auction and have the corresponding filter bases for the filtering, some buy a kit from ebay, some use gear pumps, some use pneumatic pumps, some use bag filters etc. You have to do SOME work. It all boils down to doing your homework. You can spend some time reading threads, or dive in head first and probably waste some money with a learning curve.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Oh, I have. I have seen some but it would be nice to have them all in one place. Is there a thread with them all in one place? Did I miss it in my search? Do you have one, if so, how about adding it to the post! Thanks for your input………
If you want it all in one spot, start finding them and adding the threads to this one, then everything is in one spot. If you actually DO something instead of wanting someone else to do it for you, others might jump in and help. Too many folks want answers given to them when they have contributed very little.

oddshot

Amen Brother! PIC's anyone??????
Why not?

I used to have a rig with 3 spin on filters ... I found it was kinda of expensive.

This one is an old fire extinguisher ... inside are 3 socks from Duda Diesel ... and a filter basket I build from 4" PVC.

My pump is a gear pump with a 5 HP Tecumseh.

It works pretty good especially if I heat the oil with an element from a water heater before I filter.

Attachments

Last edited:

oddshot

Here's a picture of the old rig with the three filters. It was OK ... I guess I ran about 800 to 1,000 gallons through it ... but them WIX filters are kinda pricey.

Also that "house" filter was a PITA! to work with. I've just done about 300 gallons with 3 filter socks ... no muss - no fuss ...

Attachments

Last edited:

joediveguy

Looks cool oddshot. Thanks for your contribution to the post!

gimpyrobb, there is always a way! If you have a picture you want to share with the rest of the group, please do so. If you have nothing to contribute other than your cynical, negative posts, then find another thread, or go kick your own dog. Leave mine alone. This is a very informative site and if it makes it easier to compare ideas and share information, why are you so against it. How does this differ from the FAQ threads? Or threads to “show us your trailers” or “Members rides”!

You don’t know me! If you did, you would know that I do, do things for myself, just look in my garage. Or look at my other threads! I am not looking for answers, I am not asking for someone to walk me through building one, I simply asked to see your rig’s because I am curious. It takes thirty seconds to post a picture, if you or anyone wants to share, post up. If you just want to be a PITA, STFU and keep your negative opinions to yourself!

Kaiserjeeps

Can't delete post. Content deleted.

2nd edit: It was nothing negative. It was just kind of explaining how time is short and the search feature is not always productive as it could be.
It just did not matter.

Last edited:

'48Chevy6

We use a couple of household string wounds and then a seriers of Luber-Finer filters on 24770 (from memory) filter heads.

We blend raw waste motor oil with 15 or so percent regular gas added. Bubble with a tube attached to air compressor to fully blend. Let settle three days. The junk, water, crap and crud settle to the bottom.

Then we stick in the pick up tube (you can see the leg keeps it off the bottom), and pull it through the filter rack into final storage container.

The canister filters, in order are; 20 micron with water block, 15 micron, and then 5 micron final.

The pump is a 1/2 hp off the junk shelf attached to a small block chevy oil pump using a coupler get up from the guy that makes (made) the pump mounting plate.

When used for pick up (without filters of course), this pump will fill a 55 in around 5 minutes. We pull all our filter fuel because slower is better and pulling eliminates worrying about over pressurizing and blowing a filter if you pump it through. We are very content with a gallon a minute filtering but don't change filters until it just labors without producing.

This isn't our first filter version, neither will it be our last, but it works pretty darn well for what it is.

Attachments

DeucesWild11

Here is mine so far.. and the bucket filters actually catch some water! The bucket has the bottom cut out of it and the top of the drum has a hole cut at the diameter of the bucket.. Bucket is about 1/2 inch into the barrel and hot glued in place.. Now I have the dudadiesel bucket filters from top to bottom at 600- 400- 200- 100- 75 micron.. It clogs quick as I have some dirty oil that I have had around the house for a while, not to mention some heating oil that's mixed with some sludge.. Now before I put in the truck I will use a barrel pump with a 15 mic water filter and then 10 mic filter then a tube into the truck with a 5 mic bag filter stuck in the fuel tank or other gas can. Will post more pics when complete..

Attachments

obee1kubota

RE: Harsh Replies

I find it interesting how this sites members promotes patriotism, comraderie and good old "barn raising help your neighbor" attitudes and yet there are always a few posters waving the "do your own search" banner. It reminds me of High school seniors making the incoming freshmen "pay their dues" just because somebody did it to them when they were the noobies. You can always stop the cycle by just helping out the OP. It takes just as must effort to push someone down as it does to give em a hand up.

I would personally like to thank the OP. I think a consolidated thread is always helpful and many hands makes the load light.

Thanks for letting me vent.:confused:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks