• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wndshield Washer Performance?

WARWAG

Excellent thread. I need to replace the worn out pump for sure with a more modern one. Also I want ti install an intermittent wiper function in the process. Last but not least my wiper motor has started making a squeaking noise thats starting to get on my nerves! Anyone else have this problem?

Nope, just click .... click .... click. Used to be the same, followed with, wait .... trying to squirt, little squirt, squirt barely.

And that's after removing the resistor on the pump and swapping the passenger and driver's side lines. Another be done with it CUCV mod.

wayne pick

Don, Here's what I did to my truck. I installed a washer tank from a 2000 s10 blazer. It has two pumps. I plumed it so each of the nozzles are fed from one pump. It pours washer fluid over the windshield! Wire the pumps into the existing circuit on the wiper motor.2.jpg

scottladdy

To fix mine, I removed pump assembly from the firewall. Removed the cover from the upper gear assembly. Cleaned and lubed with white lithium grease as the old grease had solidified. I cleaned and re-gaped the parking circuit switch.

Then, I reassembled and used ANCO #6106 washer pump repair kit for $7 at RockAuto.com.

Have done this on two trucks and the washers and wipers now work as new.

Hasdrubal

my wiper motor has started making a squeaking noise thats starting to get on my nerves! Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, mine had started squeaking also, don't know if you could disassemble it and lubricate the bearings. I replaced it with a new OEM unit for $117.

donalloy1

Don, Here's what I did to my truck. I installed a washer tank from a 2000 s10 blazer. It has two pumps. I plumed it so each of the nozzles are fed from one pump. It pours washer fluid over the windshield! Wire the pumps into the existing circuit on the wiper motor.View attachment 465080
That's a interesting approach wayne pick. That tank looks like a monster! All done in the interest of safety. Must have a clean windscreen!

donalloy1

To fix mine, I removed pump assembly from the firewall. Removed the cover from the upper gear assembly. Cleaned and lubed with white lithium grease as the old grease had solidified. I cleaned and re-gaped the parking circuit switch.

Then, I reassembled and used ANCO #6106 washer pump repair kit for $7 at RockAuto.com.

Have done this on two trucks and the washers and wipers now work as new.
scottladdy, thought about removing pump from motor. Afraid I might damage in process. Looks like a couple flimsy plastic locking clips are all that holds together? Gather you have done a couple times. Must be fairly robust?

Clean and lube part makes sense. re-gap parking circuit switch part has me kind of baffled. Can you give us a little more detail and or a picture of where you did this and purpose?

wayne pick

Thanks Don, the pumps work far better than the original tank setup, and holds a full gallon of fluid. As you can see, I fabricated up an L bracket where the original tank was for my plow pump, so I had to figure out a way to relocate the tank.

I had a parts s10 blazer which I took the bucket seats out of for the 1031, and figured I could retrofit the washer tank also. It fits perfectly in that corner spot. The plumbing and wiring was really simple. Nothing fancy, I just used a test light to figure out the circuit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks