• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won 2 6.2 engines

galeo7171

I just won from GL, (2) 6.2 engines from a hmmwv. What are the chances these will be in running condition? I didn't pay much for them at all....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get them and how many were they selling at that location. Believe it or not, it matters.

Stalled

Recovery,they are getting ready to list a slew of them again at Columbus.They were already staged and ready to be lotted (Columbus) again.HOWEVER..the purge plugs were all out and hanging there??I got a spare in container for $150.I found mine(while previewing trucks)and put plug back in while waiting on EUC.

ida34

If I remember right a green tag means it is serviceable. A red tag means not serviceable. In other words, unless it is locked up from sitting it should be just fine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Poop, I was watching those at Redstone and forgot to bid. Oh well. I'd guess probably runners. When you see small lots (1 or 2) they are probably from them replacing a faulty engine. When you see bigger lots they are normally from engine upgrades which raises the chances of them being runners. I know the $150 bid sucks but they have to be close to that in scrap these days. Figure a 6.2 in the can weighs 1200#. Don't know why I keep buying these things. I have a canned 6.2 and a canned 6.5 already + an empty can coming for anther 6.5 runner I have. All this and I have no HMMWVs or CUCVs. If you mod the RR mount in the can, you can bolt on a starter and give it a whirl right in the can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks