• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a Bid at GL (!) Now What?

renovate7

It looks like they will automatically debit the card I used when bidding. I then can print off a paid invoice from their site? Do I need to print and file an EUC using the info from the auction, VIN etc? Then apply for an SF97? I've already talked to the tag agency and they will issue a title with the 97 and a notorized statemant with vin and milage. Florida will give an antique tag for any ex military vehicle regardless of age or weight. I have this in writing. It's a 1970 Kaiser with winch. 41k miles and 1600 hrs. Sheet metal looks real good and engine compartment looks clean. No rust seen in pictures. No preview allowed. Pd $2761 plus buyers premium. Best quote so far to have it hauled the 170 miles is 1k. It's a local guy with a lowboy who'll have to make a round trip at $125 hr. I've got a few other leads on a hauler to follow up on. I'm very tempted to follow the sticky and see if I can check it out and drive it home. It would require traveling on I75.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is not too much to it. You don't pay anything until the EUC clears. The EUC is not about the vehicle it is about you, so you need to include your VIN(SSN) along with other basic info. You also include your intended use of it. The only auction info you really include is the sale number. If you paid $2761 for it then it better be a nice one, so dive it home. Your state probably has a trip pass of some sort at the DMV. They are easy to drive, but just take your time.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I agree on the comment to try and drive it home. The distance is reasonable and if you tell your insurance you have it you could if needed get the plate for it or drive it without one get it home depending on how the state allows you to get it registered. The SF 97 will cost you an additional fee but you have plenty of friends here to help you get what you need done. Welcome to the Site as a duece owner you will find it priceless

1956_4x4

Where is it located? If it's up here in the Panhandle, I might be able to help you go through it before the trip.

Also, be sure to ask GL about their title requirements in the state of Florida. They told me they are now required to title Florida vehicles since they are a Florida Dealer.

Smitty

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smitty is correct, you will be applying for a fl title through GL. Remind them. Is the truck in Starke? FL is a big state, where are you? I have someone who can move it if you are near Live Oak..

bottleworks

I thought in Florida, GL will not allow you to drive a truck off the lot. It must be towed even if it runs great. Did they now change this policy??

JB

make sure you pint the listing with pics to make sure you do not get the old switcheroo. Also copy the other pics from the listing and paste into a word doc so you can verify upon p/u. Do it quick the page & pics disappear after 24 hrs or less.

Nice looking truck BTW, winch, hard top, heater (not that you'll need it). Congrats.

sak00

I,M on I-75 just north of tampa. Not sure what I could do other than pull you off the interstate and give you a place to park it if broke down.

beaubeau

Congrats on your purchase Renovate7! I han a bid on in Stark Fl. yesterday, but today everything Skyrocketed!! Its a long way for me to haul, so I'm glad I got Beat!!HAVE U GOT A FAX?I COULD FAX U A COPY OF EUC. IHAVE USED AND PASSED? THEY ARE ANAL ABOUT DOING THINGS RIGHT> GOOD lUCK!! PHIL

renovate7

It is lot 1508 in the Starke auction #3211. I downloaded all the pictures and will burn them to CD and then make pictures at Walgreens. I've tried filling out the EUC but it said it couldn't download because my computer doesn't have the software. I went to Adobe and just downloaded 8.1. Now it opens a page titled EUC but then says there is an error and won't print the document. I guess I need to contact Adobe, what a pain! Thanks for the heads up about GL needing to give me a title here. I'm "hopeing" there is a way to get in and see the vehicle before I actually go to pick it up. Might give me confidence, or not, about driving it home. I'm in Lk Wales, SW of Orlando. I'd still like to find a "cheap" hauler to get it here. beaubeau I'll PM you my fax #. Any help greatly appreciated at this point.

goldneagle

If you decide to try and drive the truck home make sure you read the thread on the procedures to check the truck before you try to move it. These guys here are experts at picking up these vehicles from military bases. Their list includes what you will need to take with you to get the truck road worthy. You can also ask someone to go with you to pick up the truck. They are always offering their services to other SS members. We are one big happy family!!

tonidial

Here's how my deal went down. Won the GL auction in Oct 07 Top bid 1318$. Faxed in EUC after filing out online and printing it on Nov1. Nov 3 got an email from a GL employee needing EUC revisions. Corrected and resubmitted EUC revisions.

December 15, arrive home to find letter in Mailbox from DOD with wording indicating that this was possibly a done deal. Called GL contact for UC Monday Dec 18 to inquire, as website still shows pending EUC approval. He tells me he is "putting the paid invoice in the mail today." That afternoon an email arrives with a PDF invoice, but no where does it say "paid." No sweat, he said in the mail, but wait it says I must remove the property in 14 days!..... I called the contact number for the site listed on the auction page when I bid. Spoke to a Sgt. on site. He says they have a loading ramp and can give a jump, but the GL people will not be back until after the first of the year (2008).

The next day, GL employee calls and says they will be there jan 8,9,10 from 8 to 3:30 and to call and verify I can come or make other arrangements. I confirm for the 8th.

Jan 5, still no paid invoice. Call the contact for GL listed on the email that came with the PDF invoice. She confirms there was an error and reissues the PDF with "Paid" clearly marked on it. She advised that this would not have caused a problem since the conact who will meet me on site when I get the truck knows that the email was from GL and would not have been sent unless it was paid.

Jan 8. Arive on site... confusion. This turns out to be a daul-use facility. Map Quest led me to the ordance side I need to be on the side occupied by the Tenn Natl Guard. GSA employee issuses me a badge and sends me to maint bldg.

Maint man realizes error, lets me through gate to Nat'l guard side. But advises I must come back this way to turn in badge.

GL contact meets me in field of trucks. She signs my invoice that I recv the truck, I sign hers that I took the truck.

Batteries dead in duece, won't stay running after bump start. Clean up govenor, find batteries have died a cold death. Get instructions from GL contact how to get to this side of installation from town (about 20 mi out of the way). Return through secure gate, drive back to gaurd shack, turn in badges. Drive to napa buy 2 batteries , not exact match. Return to Nat'l Guard side of installation. "STUFF" batteries into box, pull throttle and start. Find air in fuel line, clear, give snort of starter fluid, start. Warm engine, move truck, check brakes, put fuel additive in tank, drive home.

BTW.... everybody else's duece started that day... I was told by the GL contact that majority of them had been driven there for the auction after it was decided they weren't going to be auctioned in Lousianna. Ironic I guess, cause they were being loaded on lowboys bound for Memphis and mine was being driven by a duece obessed lunatic.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tonidial, did that truck come from Lavinia TN? I'm having 2 trucks towed from there today.