• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M1009 today!

91W350

Thanks, I wish we could arrive on the same day, sometimes an extra hand or two can really help with a dead load. Hopefully they will both start and we can drive them on. Glen

zyrtecx

My EUC cleared in 5 Days and I left home on Saturday afternoon and after 800+ miles and 13+ hours of driving I arrived in Jefferson City on Sunday afternoon, located where I will be picking up my M1009 and then found a motel room at the Super 8 on Jefferson St. in Jefferson City to get some needed rest... I will be doing my recovery on Monday morning and then heading back to North Carolina... Driving 400 miles on Monday to just east of Nashville, Tn. and getting a motel room and resting and heading back out for the other 400+ miles on Tuesday...:roll:

91W350

Sweet! Take a look at mine while you are there and see if it will start, providing they will let you. It would be nice to know if we need a winch to load it. Thanks, Glen

zyrtecx

Hello Glen, I got my M1009 and it started and I aired up the tire with an air tank. It started right up and I warmed it up and it loaded fine, just a little tight on my trailer but I got it loaded and made it back home :-D The GL listing stated that the tailgate window crank was inoper but Mike told me when I was doing the recovery that the rear window was broken out... Not a big deal. I removed the tailgate back panel and vacumed all of the glass out and found that the bottom of the tailgate inside had about 1/2 in dirt and guess was in a previous life dust... I got all the mess washed out and glad that I did because this would have made a rusty mess... Got your EUC back yet?

zyrtecx

Glen, I almost forgot! Mike I believe stated that your M1009 would start... He will have you a New key for your M1009 too... He stated that there were no keys left with the vehicle so he had soon keys made... bty my M1009 was one heavy load on my trailer... Bonus to me was that it had 3/4 of a tank of diesel...

91W350

Ni euc yet. Your truc looks great! The back glass weould not tae much to fix. Thanks for the photos! My. M1008 was no load at all on my brothers trailer. His Ford pulled it faster than I could have driven it!

zyrtecx

Mike also told me that none of the M1009 their had no spare tire... I located a person that has some M1009 rims he would be willing to sell for 20.00 plus shipping....
Do you want his email address?
Also, their are 2 more M1009 at Jefferson City that will be coming up on auction real soon!

91W350

I see I do not type so well on my cell phone! Anyway, Your truck looks great! You could have swapped hoods with me... I like the MP stencil on yours. I doubt the camo patterns would match though. Did you happen to take a walk around mine to see what the tailgate damage is?

3/4 tank of fuel would be enough to drive it the 340 miles home....

Thanks for the update... I think I already have a key from my M1008. The ride home should look something like this... only with a shorter and lighter truck on the trailer. Glen

Attachments

zyrtecx

I pulled mine home with a 1995 Ford F250 with a 351 engine and it Loves Gasoline... I just drove 55 Mph because of the heavy load, I would have never dreamed that the M1009 would be so heavy... Let me know if you are interested in a wheel? Also, let me know when you get approved! My first on took 33 days...

91W350

30 days gone and still waiting!

I still am waiting on Battle Creek to return my EUC on my Blazer purchase. I went to see it though, the facility was closed, so I walked around the fence in the marsh and took a couple of photos. I see the driver's rocker has a little rust, the body is really straight though. I am hoping I get to go drag her home soon!

Attachments

91W350

I sent GL a e-mail asking about the ECU, expecting a generic reply about it being out of their hands. The reply said some are taking up to 60 days to return. That would be a bummer...maybe I will get a Thanksgiving Blazer.... They reminded me again though that I have 8 business days to get my truck after the ECU clears. They also reminded me that the new payments are due in three days, not five. Am I having fun yet?

zyrtecx

Glen, Have you heard anything about your EUC from Battle Creek yet?
I have purchased a 85 M1009 in Richmond, Va last week and maybe my EUC will
clear this week... The vehicle is in pretty sad shape but it was for parts. Got it for $305.00 and I'm only 275 miles from Richmond, Va...
I noticed that you went to Jefferson City to check your M1009 out and I noticed that they got in some more M1009's... Maybe your EUC will clear soon! How long has it been?

Toby

91W350

It should be any day now or I got rejected for some reason. It was the end of September when I bought the Blazer. Wish I could have made last weekend's run in it instead of the M1008. I noticed Jefferson City listed the one next to mine. It would not cost much more to haul two home!

Last edited:

zyrtecx

Maybe that EUC will clear this week, I hope that mine does as well... Having to repack the bearings on my trailer after the trip to Jefferson City, MO. before I head out to Richmond, VA.

zyrtecx

Coming back from Jefferson City I noticed that my tires were not standing straight... Put additional air in the tires and made it home but all the bearing were loose and needed grease...

91W350

I think our plan is to drive it on the trailer and head home. I can go through the brakes, checking for cracked flex lines and replacing anything that looks bad. While I am there, I will repack the front bearings and check to see if the seals have been leaking. Good brakes is my first priority, I can live with the rest, as long as the wheels are not falling off. ;-)

91W350

I guarantee there will be rescue photos.... I want to find a pintle hitch trailer to go get it with my M1008, but I will probably take my little brother up on his trailer-Ford option. It walked right down the road with my M1008 on board. That Ford of his is a pretty impressive truck.