• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

won a m105a2

3dAngus

LOGISTICS VEHICLE SYSTEM (LVS) REAR BODY UNIT (RBU), CARGO, WITH MATERIAL HANDLING CRANE, MK17/17A1 MOD 0​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]TAMCN D08797K [/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
NSN​
2320-01-176-0468​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​
ID​
08784A​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​

Length 240 in.
Height 96 in.
Reducible Height N/A
Cargo Deck Height Unloaded 96 in.
Vehicle Curb Weight (includes BII) 22,360 lbs.
Gross Vehicle Weight 47,660 lbs.
Width 96 in.​
Performance Information​
[/FONT][/FONT]
Fording Depth 60 in.
Maximum Speed N/A
Highway Payload 40,000 lbs.
Cross Country Payload 25,000 lbs.​
Passenger Capacity 24

3dAngus

Oops, sorry about the hijacking of your thread BJ.

Congrats on your M105 purchase. What are you going to pull it with?

3dAngus

I was referring to the A Frame portion of the trailer towing bars.
The trailer may be turned but looks straigh in the pic, yet the bar looks like it is going off to the left in the first picture. Like I said, probably an optical illusion from the angle of the shot.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First one? if so think about turning the lunette 180 degrees, you'll gain around five inches and tow better. It's not hard to do. You'll need a 1 1/2 inch wrench a socket will not fit. A new cotter key, bring an asortment, tools to remove old cotter key and a big sledge hammer. the lunette will need a love tap to brake it loose. Hit the back of the ring part after the nut is loose and it should give it up. Good luck and have fun.

bjsmith

yes first one forgot my 1 1.2 wrench at work all i have it socket and ratchet to check lugs and lots of others in case i need to do something to it so lunette stays shouldnt be to bad just to get it home

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Empty trailer is not too bad, but the lunette is around 34 inches high [ BIG ]. Something else to think about, a set of magnetic lights for the trailer. I use a set and they work great! Patrol leaves you alone also.

bjsmith

i have a set of lights i made with some i had laying around to stick in the pocket for the sides. think i have eveything else i need. hope so anyway its a 3 hr ride to pick up

KsM715

Congrats on the new toy. I'd leave the lunette alone till you get home. They usually take more than a love tap to get loose, think more of the " I hate my boss/job/ex-wife" type tap to break it loose.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking about your recovery today, don't forget to release the brakes. The E- brake handles should be at a 90 degree upright. I've done that one before. The lunette can be tight, I just picked up a gen. trailer and it popped loose right away! Towed it home 800 miles. Long day

KsM715

A short 14" pipe wrench will fit into the space you need to loosen the nut if you decide to try to flip the lunette in the yard before towing it home.

bjsmith

got it home all went well i was in and out of fort polk in about 30 min. trailer towed home good at about 65 one of the best i have towed. no i just have to get the sides back off and turn them around i installed wrong way and the front and back wont fit:cookoo:. also managed to go to special plate department and get my military vin in leu of registration so no more plate on the truck. now if they would do it for the trailer

Attachments

Crawdaddy

I think they will register the trailer with the vin in lieu of plate. I don't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure the same RS that's for the trucks also works for trailers.

bjsmith

i asked the lady and she said no but i will try again when i get my sf97 and get it titled in my name the lady tht i was dealing with didnt realy kow what she was doing to start with

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks