• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M185A3

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice looking truck.

regarding the horn going off when you turn the steering wheel. Look where the horn wire leaves the base of the steering column. You will probably find the wire insulation is warn off and shorts when you turn one way or the other. I found the same problem on my truck. Put a service loop and fix the bare wire and you'll be golden.

ARYankee

Truck looks great with the new paint job. You do it your self? I was also wondering if you did it your self, did you sandblast it or just paint over?

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

I used the Wagner paint sprayer and it worked perfect for this job. Im very happy with the paint and it makes the truck look almost new. I sanded the front a little and then shot over it. Im 99% sure that the multifuel engine rebuild data plate says 1997 although it is very small.

Skydancer3006

Awesome looking truck!

Please forgive me for posing a question on this thread:

I just acquired a M185A3 (1988 with Continental multi-fuel)

I want to do a PM on the truck before driving it home - change oil / air filter

Can anyone help with a source for the oil and air filters?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks