• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M932 on GSA Last Night

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I try to check GSA pretty often but work gets in the way so it had been a couple of weeks since the last check and surprise 55 mins. left on a pretty nice looking M932 just 80 miles away. So do I spend 5-7k on a 925 or less than 2k on a 932 tractor I may actually use now that I have two 40 foot flatbeds and a lowboy? Got the 932, all I had to go on was one frontal shot and a depressing description(the usual). I am hoping this is a federal title truck being turned in for a fire department titled truck! Now I need to read up on flat towing this big bright red boy the eighty miles home.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's like most GSA trucks that look like that, it's going to have a few issues at the very least to deal with. If you paid less than $2K you did ok though. I'd say the hyd winch setup alone would be worth $1,500+ if you end up having to part it.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the fire departments are good on equipment but some are really terrible, this one has a good paint job, and it looks like they have other 900 series trucks since the hard top is missing. Hopefully the only other things missing are the head lights? But I am an optimist!

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a M1008 - my first win with GSA...

I try to check GSA pretty often but work gets in the way so it had been a couple of weeks since the last check and surprise 55 mins. left on a pretty nice looking M932 just 80 miles away. So do I spend 5-7k on a 925 or less than 2k on a 932 tractor I may actually use now that I have two 40 foot flatbeds and a lowboy? Got the 932, all I had to go on was one frontal shot and a depressing description(the usual). I am hoping this is a federal title truck being turned in for a fire department titled truck! Now I need to read up on flat towing this big bright red boy the eighty miles home.
Congrats rumplecat!

I won a 1986 M1008 pickup too (Thurs night) and it only had a frontal shot and this write-up:

Year: 1986
Make: Chevrolet
Model: M1008
Vin: 1GCGD34J9GF397092
Mileage: 76481

1986 CHEVROLET M1008 TRUCK, 5/4 TON, 4X4, CARGO, 8 CYL, DIESEL, EST MI: 76481 VIN: 1GCGD34J9GF397092 (1243N72255AR27). WILL NOT RUN, MUST BE HAULED, POOR CONDITION, PARTS MISSING, REPAIRS REQUIRED. AG0001612949 FO27872. 1243N72255AR27 THE CONDITION OF THE PROPERTY IS NOT WARRANTED.

So, I think we bid on the same GSA auction location and won.

Hope I didn't buy just a front clip and cab...

71QSCI13074027.jpg

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was watching those lots and there were a few gems. I didn't look too hard at either of those two lots specifically though. Post pics!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That single front shot of the item is to force you to come look at the truck, or so the GSA guy told me. I think they are just lazy, at least a front and rear shot, the last 813 I got had no doors, no way to tell with out a visit! I am looking forward to the recovery but I need to go and prep the 818 for the trip but the co. Christmas party is this weekend so I may have to put it off another week!

ARYankee

Great score!!! I was watching all those lots. I really wanted the 101 with the generator. I was also eyeballing that 932 and those cucvs but I don't get home until the 18th and I didn't have a nice warm fuzzy feeling from the pics so I passed. I did try and attempt to get my wife to go and preview them :) She didn't. Oh well, there will be more. I am curious to see what shape the 932 and cucv is in.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talked to the GSA guys today about the tractor which is no longer a tractor, everything behind the cab and above the rails is gone, but he said he thought the truck was complete otherwise! He believes it was turned in to make way for one of the military Freight Liners they are now receiving, they believe if the flow of these freight liners continues there will be a flood of 800 and 900 series 6x6s being turned in. He has agreed to have a look at the truck and let me know what if any issues he can see to me tow-baring it home. He said the 816 in the same auction started right up?

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talked to the GSA guys today about the tractor which is no longer a tractor, everything behind the cab and above the rails is gone, but he said he thought the truck was complete otherwise! He believes it was turned in to make way for one of the military Freight Liners they are now receiving, they believe if the flow of these freight liners continues there will be a flood of 800 and 900 series 6x6s being turned in. He has agreed to have a look at the truck and let me know what if any issues he can see to me tow-baring it home. He said the 816 in the same auction started right up?
Sending you a pm rumplecat.