• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a mio31 today wi. Under 1100 miles

67_C-30

Won a M1031 today. Under 11,000 miles with a 12 KW gen. with 6 hours on the meter & compressor. Shop maintenance truck. Time to go thru the EUC thing & SF97 & hurry up & wait. Looks like this ones only about 225 miles away, so it's ROADTRIP with the car trailor. Didn't think I had a chance but won it with every dollar of my max bid. Ya never know. I got the green disease bad now. :beer: John ( TITLE SHOULD READ M1031 & 11,000 MILES )
Couldn't stand it could ya John?? Great score! Nice to see you over here!;)

JUNKYARDJOHN

So when they list those truck in the GL auction, are they described as having a generator, or just a maintenance truck??

Camp
If they have generators installed in them, GL ussually states it in their ad. Some of them have been scavanged out of them before they reach GL & most of the GL representatives don't really seem to be overly knowlegable about the trucks that they're selling, but all M1031s came with a np205 t/c for pto previsions. A 12 kw pto driven generator seems like quite an insentive to me, not to mention the np205 is a cast iron housing, gear driven t/c compared to a np208 that is aluminum housed,& chain driven. The np208s are very good t/c s but I think the np205s are an upgrade for my uses. :smile: John

camp9

I can see this is a truck I'll have to watch for on the auctions, thanks for posting all about it. That drive shaft issue is a problem though in driving it home. What a pain.

Camp

JUNKYARDJOHN

I can see this is a truck I'll have to watch for on the auctions, thanks for posting all about it. That drive shaft issue is a problem though in driving it home. What a pain.

Camp
Yep.. it sure is.. but I'll haul it home on a car trailor anyway, & it'll give me the chance to inspect & go thru everything before I even try & drive down my driveway in it. My trucks hardly ever konk out on the side of the road. I don't text ,tweet, twitter or any of that stuff, heck I don't even own one of those cellular phones..... just a tool box. Shoot...I'm just an old mechanically inclined hillbilly that always seems to have more time than money, & work on my own junk.rofl John