• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won m1009 going to put m1008 running gear under it:)

jkade72

I won it yesterday of gov liquidation:-D Filled out the EUC this morning and faxed it in so we will see how long that takes:cry: I bougt a m1008 back in Feb but I ended up putting the axles under my 86 1/2ton truck but it is too nice to take out on the trails so say hello to my new trail rig:grin: Going to put the dana 60, 14 bolt, 6" lift and 37's under the 1009 and put my 1/2 ton truck back stock with the 1009 parts.

dependable

Funny how the" grass is always greener" I bought some 1008s to add to my work fleet (which includes 1008s and 1028s)and one 1009 .Everyone who has driven both types remarks how much nicer the 1009 is to drive. this is due, I suspect, to the higher gear ratio.

jkade72

EUC Status history:

StatusDateSubmission of EUC Pending12/29/2008
EUC revisions requested from Customer01/06/2009
EUC sent to Battle Creek01/07/2009

I guess you can call that progress. I wonder how long it will be now:cry:

Last edited:

jkade72

I got my paid in full invoice today:grin: 22 days from the end of the auction and I got my 1st EUC back. Reckon how many times that has happened? I hope I can go get her Friday. I am going to take the trailer just in case but I am going to take 2 batteries, and some diesel and see if I can driver it the 1 hour and 45 minutes home.

jkade72

Take the various oils and other fluids too. Some folks have reported showing up and finding their trucks bone dry everywhere.
That is some good advise, if it needs all that I will winch it on the trailer. I just hope I can get it home and get it running. I will let yall know how the trip goes.

jkade72

Well I got her home yesterday. Got at the site to pick her up and the govliq guy spent 20 minutes trying to find her, I finially found her sitting in another sales event. I looked her over and I was amazed how clean and rust free she was. This was by far one of the cleanest ones on the lot. So I pop the hood and check the fluids and she was good to go.
THe govliq guy asked me how I was going to get it on the trailer and I told him I was going to drive it on there, well he thought that was funny and walked off.

I put 2 fresh battiers in her, let the glow plugs warm up and she fired right up and drove on the trailer. I got her home and put about 100 miles on her yesterday with zero problems. Needless to say I fell very lucky to have not went and previewed and ended up with one so nice, The dash pad has not even got a crack in it.

I will tell everyone that the ones selling at the next auction @ Redstone are rust buckets and you better go look before you bid.

Anyways, about to go start taking the 1008 running gear out of my truck to go under her and I will get some pics for your viewing pleasure.

AJMBLAZER

They all got 12v glow plugs. That's what the resistor board thingy on the firewall behind the air cleaner does, turn 24v to 12v basically. Only the HMMWV had 24v glow plugs.

jkade72

Well I need a set of h1's so I can get the bling, bling wheels off. I need to get some brown paint too.

Last edited: