• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won M1152. Evaluations please.

KingvonH

Hello everyone. Newbie to the forum and hmmwv's. Used to be a jeep guy, but always wanted an hmmwv. Won this auction October 6 and wanted to put it up for yall with a sharper eye than me for anything obvious that may need attention or recommendations. I'm aware of the blow by but it's really only thing other than the missing fording control/plate which I ordered already from kaskar already that I've noticed. Also ordered a 4 man conversion kit and some smittybilt seats. Any insights or recommendations are appreciated! Item 4571688 on govplanet.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd recommend you post the pics from the auction. The pics will show more information than a screen shot of the auction. Congratulations on the new acquisition.

KingvonH

I'd recommend you post the pics from the auction. The pics will show more information than a screen shot of the auction. Congratulations on the new acquisition.
That's why I posted the item number from the auction, so can be found on Govplanet with description report, pics and a couple of videos.

Action

idle rpm is high
a/c vents midding
RH airlift hook cushion may be missing
LH cushion is 1/2 missing.
1 is on top of radiator but may be gone in transit
no windshield washer fluid
different tires on rear than on the front

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it’s in good shape. Smokes a little out of the oil tube. Tires don’t match but they all probably need to be replaced anyways. Needs a Good cleaning as they all do. I think you have a good starting point for a nice truck. Congratulations

KingvonH

idle rpm is high
a/c vents midding
RH airlift hook cushion may be missing
LH cushion is 1/2 missing.
1 is on top of radiator but may be gone in transit
no windshield washer fluid
different tires on rear than on the front
Idle rpm high? Anything possible causes? Already have 5 like new take off tires waiting lol.

Coonass77

Idle rpm high? Anything possible causes? Already have 5 like new take off tires waiting lol.
I suspect idle rpm is just fine. My m1165 tach shows the same idle speed. I checked it with a laser tach and it was spot on. More info on it and most likely cause in this thread:

Nice looking truck, congrats.

KingvonH

I suspect idle rpm is just fine. My m1165 tach shows the same idle speed. I checked it with a laser tach and it was spot on. More info on it and most likely cause in this thread:

Nice looking truck, congrats.
Good to know. Thank you very much! I'm already a big fan of this forum and the people that make it a great resource.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks