• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wondering what it takes to single out a rear axle

bigelk50

I have searched forums, with no luck, trying to figure out myself what it takes to single out a rear axle in order to bob a deuce. Any info is greatly appreciated. I am going to run singles and do not want it to look dumb.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rear hubs need to be flipped and the studs reversed. Simple task requiring only hand tools. It's all a bolt together ordeal.

Alex400

Re: RE: Wondering what it takes to single out a rear axle

Recovry4x4 said:
The rear hubs need to be flipped and the studs reversed. Simple task requiring only hand tools. It's all a bolt together ordeal.
What do you mean by flip the hubs? I have seen pictures or diagrams of it but I don't exactly understand the exact process.

Thanks

Alex

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
remove ...
wheel,
axle,
spindle nut, tabbed washer, another nut, seal, outer bearing,
hub & drum assembly
unbolt the hub from the drum
drive the lugs out

drive them in from the other side
bolt the hub back to the drum

put it all back together.

Barrman

RE: Re: RE: Wondering what it takes to single out a rear axl

Look at your front wheels. Notice how the rim is even with the end of the hub? Now, look at a rear hub. It sticks out way past the wheel. The front hub is flipped "out" and the rear hub is flipped "in." Just unbolt a rear hub and turn it around. As Kenny pointed out, the lugs need to be turned around as well.

Barrman

RE: Re: RE: Wondering what it takes to single out a rear axl

Sorry about the waaay to late post. I opened the thread up an hour or so ago, dealt with stuff at work and came back to it without refreshing the page.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks