• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

won't back up

Grey Wolf

It might have been the sprag that's just the simple term the guy that helped me used. "Positrac" I know is not the correct term. He had encountered the problem before and that's how they fixed it on the base.

rustystud

It might have been the sprag that's just the simple term the guy that helped me used. "Positrac" I know is not the correct term. He had encountered the problem before and that's how they fixed it on the base.
I saw your post last night and since I wasn't feeling well I didn't correct you, but I knew you where going to take some heat for it ! Don't get discouraged though, just start reading your TM's and previous posts here. By the way, the "Positrac" was the name GM gave their limited-slip differentials. It has become a generic name for all limited slip differentials just like
"Band-Aid" has become for all adhesive strips.

rustystud

Just for my own education..
Could he maybe have been referring to a sprag problem? Sprag engaged and drivetrain bound up?
If I understand correctly (which I may not) a sprag will engage if you shift into reverse.
That's what he was talking about. The old style transfer-case is not a 1:1 ratio out like the "air-shift" one is. It actually runs the front slower then the rear, so you can get a "bind" at times especially when downshifting into low and not coming to a complete stop. The operator manual explains all this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grey Wolf

I saw your post last night and since I wasn't feeling well I didn't correct you, but I knew you where going to take some heat for it ! Don't get discouraged though, just start reading your TM's and previous posts here. By the way, the "Positrac" was the name GM gave their limited-slip differentials. It has become a generic name for all limited slip differentials just like
"Band-Aid" has become for all adhesive strips.
Thank you for your correction I was actually just coming back in to put the correct term in since I just found out myself.