• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wont ldle and low power and black smoke

dilligaf13

Most likely your fuel filter is clogged from sucking junk off the bottom of tank. Less likely is that you've still got air in the fuel line. Is it an A1 or A2?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you bleed the pump properly? There is zero reason to loosen fuel lines to bleed, there is a bleed valve (screw). Chances are your a) Like said above sucked up crap from the bottom of the tank, or b) most likely still have air in the system from improper bleeding.

obxairman

Im sure i have not . I am new to diesel and have no guidance. Would you be so kind as to tell where to find said screw and a brief procedure. The fire department want to use it this thursday in a parade and i dont want to cancel on them . The filters look clean.

dilligaf13

Loosen the bleeder screw and hand pump the primer pump (AKA "lift pump/transfer pump"). First few pumps might just be all air or a frothy air diesel mix. Keep pumping till it's just pure diesel fuel and then quickly tighten the 10mm bolt. It may take a few pumps or maybe closer to 100 pumps, depends on how much air is in the lines. Once it's straight diesel coming out and you tighten the bleeder screw back it should fire up and be fine if it was just air in the lines. If that doesn't fix it then it's more than likely one of the fuel filters. There's a large canister (on most A2s) behind the drivers side front tire that contains a fuel filter. The other filter is on the drivers side of the engine by the lifter pump you just primed the fuel system with. Good luck
fuel.jpg

Last edited:

obxairman

ok tried that and didnt get much air out of it . called a diesel guy gonna be here in am. Im sure its filter or something easy. i am looking forward to getting some expert advise as well as a good walk around on the truck. I just dont know anything about diesels at all .But thanks everyone for trying to help it means alot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks