• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woo. Hoo won my first GL

Rmtaunton

I know I know , but don't think I can post links to gl here , but can say it was lot 6751 out of fort Gordon. I am so excited !!

FloridaAKM

That's a heavy trailer just by itself, just shy of 3K with all that is attached. You did well to get it home uneventfully. I pulled my first one home with the Deuce & you couldn't even tell it was there. Nice score on a good solid trailer!

Rmtaunton

I thought about towing it home with f350 , but since by myself I decided to put it on toy hauler with good breaks , and not have to worry about bad wheel bearings , tires , bent axle , etc

And thanks for all the great comments

Robert

Rmtaunton

Thank you , I went easy I guess safe not sorry , a better adventure would have been taking " grumpy" the deuce .( and yes I know there is another with same name but I didn't name her :) ) anyway thanks to all , will be putting new hard wood on it and deuce troop seats (thanks patracy) for July fourth parade .

MarcusOReallyus

I thought about towing it home with f350 , but since by myself I decided to put it on toy hauler with good breaks , and not have to worry about bad wheel bearings , tires , bent axle , etc
I think you made the right choice. If I had known then what I know now, I would have trailered my trailer. Turns out everything was fine, but you don't know until you get there, and maybe not until you get down the road a ways. That's just not the right time to find out you have a bad bearing. :beer:

What tow vehicle do you have planned?

MarcusOReallyus

I know I know , but don't think I can post links to gl here , but can say it was lot 6751 out of fort Gordon. I am so excited !!

It's fine to post links to closed auctions. No problem, except that they go away, leaving a thread with dead links.

A better way is to download the pics to your computer, then upload them here as attachments.