• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wood-gas generator

appalacious

back to the future

carguy455 said:
appalacious said:
Y'all ever heard of thermal depolymerization? Sounds similar, but you can use anything organic, not just wood.
Does that use the "Mr Fusion" system to power the flux capacitor ???

I need a life .. :roll:
ha, i love that movie.
Its basically where you put organic compounds (wood, plastic, grass clippings, turkey guts) into a reactor vessel, bring it to 200-300ºC and 600psi with some water but little oxygen I think, then after awhile you release the pressure and let the water boil off. Then you bring it up to 500ºC for awhile. Then you let it cool and you have instant petroleum. I'm not sure about those numbers, thats just an idea. I've heard it stinks if you use turkey guts, and I have no idea where you could get a big enough reactor vessel that can take 40 or more ATMs. Oh and your supposed to shred whatever you put in there into little pieces.
J
ps, might be a good solution to the kudzu problem :)

czechsix

You guys that are interested in wood gas need to order some of the old books from lindsey, like "Gas Engines & Producer Gas Plants". There're a few more sitting on my shelf right now, but making a producer plant is pretty low on my list right now. I'm more fired up about BD.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks